Jay is a solicitor with over 15 years’ experience specialising in UK immigration.
He has worked at a number of niche immigration law firms as well heading an immigration department at a top 40 international law firm.
His work has seen him advise businesses on;
- applications for sponsor licences in order to sponsor foreign workers
- advice on their ongoing duties as sponsors to maintain such licenses
- how to set up operations in the UK and on the most efficient ways to transfer employees to the UK business from their international branches
- the duties and obligations of sponsors following a merger or acquisition
- prevention of illegal employment
He has also advised a number of High Net Worth Individuals from the Middle East and Asia on investing in the UK, moving to the UK and their residency requirements.
Examples of his work include;
- Advising a national oil corporation from the Middle East on moving their key engineers to the UK on a secondment
- Advising a Malaysian listed company on the most effective way to set up operations in the UK and transferring senior employees
- Advising a chain of Lebanese restaurants on the recruitment of foreign chefs
- A prominent US software company on setting up operations in the UK and transferring a
- Advising premier league football club on their licence and its obligations
- Advising a number of polo teams on the suspension of their licences, liaising with their governing body and the Home Office to reinstate.
Jay has a result driven attitude, offers clear and efficient counsel and gives his personal attention to every matter.